Superior Authorship Competition
SUPERIOR AUTHORSHIP COMPETITION
- Participants must have completed either second semester of their Second Year Regular Division, or the fifth semester of their Third Year Extended Division (60 credits); AND
- Have achieved a cumulative grade point average of 2.7/4.0.
- Topics must be approved by the Internal Managing Editor by April 27, 2012.
- Topic submission should include a one (1) to two (2) paragraph explanation of: The legal issue to be explored in the note/comment, the organization of the note/comment’s analysis and any pertinent preliminary research.
- To be considered for membership, all submissions should be on an original topic.
- Participants will complete independent research and writing on their approved topic.
- Once topics are approved, participants will be provided competition guidelines and requirements.
- Submissions must be in the form of a note or comment (30 page minimum).
- Submissions will be due in June 29, 2012. The Internal Managing Editor will oversee the submission process and the grading of all submissions.
- Submissions must be of “publishable quality,” near flawless, and of greater or equal quality of current Widener Law Review articles.
GUIDELINES: Only those individuals who have had their topics approved by the deadline date will receive the competition details. Those who miss the topic deadline date WILL NOT be permitted to turn in a paper.
Please direct all eligibility questions to Erica Sharp, Internal Managing Editor of The Widener Law Review at firstname.lastname@example.org.